Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Best Friends are Books....

...which probably seems strange for an extreme extrovert. I do have a lot of human friends whom I love dearly and cherish greatly. So I don't want to give the impression that I constantly sit in the corner reading feverishly and nibbling on stale bread.

It isn't constant.

Every autumn the city of Denver has a One City, One Book campaign in which residents are encouraged to read the same book in the hope that it will spark thought and conversation. I love the idea. Typically the Mayor chooses the book but this year the book was chosen through the suggestions of Denver residents. To my great joy the book chosen for this year is To Kill A Mockingbird. Perhaps my most favorite book ever!

Several years ago I compiled a list of my Top 10 Favorite Fiction books and my Top 10 Ten Favorite Non-Fiction books. The top of the top fiction is To Kill A Mockingbird. I was pretty over the top when I found out it was the One City, One Book choice! No one needed to ask me twice to re-read this amazing book.

Time to settle in with Scout, Boo and Atticus....

No comments:

Post a Comment